Key to MIPS’s successful track record is our approach to project management, which comes into play during the bidding phase even before the contract has been won. MIPS is very selective in the projects it bids for. Each project is and selected on its own merits and no market share or asset utilization target supersedes this rule.
Once a project has been awarded, the Project Director has full authority and is the single point of accountability during all phases of the project.
Projects are monitored closely by Senior Management through monthly project reviews.
After the conception design phase and feasibility studies, a project enters the engineer phase during which engineering studies according to the type of project which may include:
• Pressure Vessels
• Rotating Equipment
• Electrical Facilities
• Piping, Civil Works
• Cost Control And Scheduling
All these types of engineering studies are covered and fully managed within MIPS.
According to the nature of a project, engineering studies will include all or part of the following steps:
1 Basic Engineering Design (BED) covering:
• Conceptual process studies (material balances, process flow sheets and preliminary plot plan.
• Preliminary Piping and Instrument Diagrams.
• Definition and sizing of main equipment resulting in process specifications.
• Specification of effluents.
• Definition of control and safety devices.
• And, generally speaking, all the basic studies required supporting a Basic Engineering Design Package (BEDP) containing all data needed by a competent contractor to perform the Detail Engineering.
• These basic engineering studies may consist of consolidating a Process Package initiated by an external process licensor.
2 Front End Engineering Design (FEED) covering:
• Mechanical data sheets of the main equipment, starting from the process specifications issued during the BED and incorporating the specific requirements of codes and standards to be applied to the project in question.
• Thermal rating of heat exchangers.
• Preparation of tender packages for the main equipment.
• Development of process and utility Piping and Instrument Diagrams released for detail engineering.
• Development of detailed plot plans and hazardous areas.
• Elaboration of the main piping, instrument, electrical and civil works layouts.
• And, generally speaking, all the studies to be performed before ordering the main equipment.
3 Detail Engineering, covering:
• Purchasing of equipment, main and bulk.
• Development of Piping and Instrument Diagrams released for construction.
• Development of detailed piping drawings, including isometrics and stress calculations.
• Development of detailed drawings related to instrumentation, electrical facilities and civil works.
• Management of vendor drawings.
• Cost and schedule control.
• Start-up procedures
We offer services within the scope of risk and safety management identifying and mitigating risk, including studies and analysis for detailed definitions in technical safety, aspects of environment and protection and personnel/staff hazards.
• Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA)
• ‘What if’ Analysis
• Hazard Identification Analysis (HAZID) / Hazard Operability Analysis(HAZOP)
• Failure Mode Effect Criticality Analysis (FMECA)
• Fault Tree Analysis(FTA)
• Event Tree Analysis(ETA)
• Cause-Consequence Analysis(CCA)
• Human Reliability Analysis (HRA)
We offer risk analysis services for installations including:
• Fire Water Study
• Fire Risk Analysis
• Gas And Fire Detector Study
• QRA Study
• Design Review
• Environmental management systems
• Monitoring emissions to air, water & land
• Noise monitoring and control
• ASME services
• Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) services
• Third-party inspection and certification
• Third-party project and vendor inspection
• Worldwide vendor inspection and expediting
• Shutdown inspection
• SCE integrity verification
• Independent verification body / independent competent person
• Written scheme of verification / examination
• Technical integrity management of SCEs software
• Asset integrity management
• Integrity Management System for Integrity and Safety (IMSIS) software
• Inspection data management and analysis
• RBI, RCM and RAM
• Structural integrity
• Maintenance management
• Material and corrosion management
• Reliability and maintainability assessments
• SCE integrity assurance
• Asset register SCE status assignment
• Alignment of maintenance with performance standards
• Non-conformance risk assessment
• Compliance advice
At MIPS Equipment Rental, we provide high-quality equipment with genuine, round-the-clock service. Our promise is to provide high-quality equipment backed by a 24-hour service team.
We keep this promise by staffing our plant maintenance facilities with highly qualified technicians and engineers and have mobile service crews operating 24/7, should anything go wrong. In the equipment rental field, MIPS is synonymous with quality, reliability and service.
You can rent the following equipment and buildings from us – including DNV approved versions. If you don’t see what you need, ask us – we may be able to source for you.
• Diesel Generators
• Air Compressors
• Instrument Air Compressor
• Desalination Plant
• Intrinsically safe air conditioners
• API Pumps
• Water Pumps
• Production Separators
• Test Separator
• Pig Launcher /Receiver
• Sump Tanks
• Chemical Injection Skids
• Control Valves
• Flow Meter
• Relief Valves
• Water Injection Pumps
Training & Development
Majan International Petroleum Services (MIPS) is a specialist Oil & Gas training provider headquartered in Sultanate of Oman. Our core focus is developing the competency and capabilities of petroleum engineers, geoscientists and related professionals in leading National & International Oil Companies and contractors based in the Oman and the Middle East region. MIPS facilitate cost-effective skills transfer opportunities through world-class engagement with leading experts.
MIPS is a market leader in providing high-level training services to the energy sector (Oil, Gas, LNG, Legal, Fiscal, Contracts, Strategy & Finance and Leadership & Management).Highly interactive – using practical and relevant case studies and cutting-edge development techniques. Our aim is to remain a strategic partner to both governments and the energy industry, namely in the oil & gas, power and infrastructure sectors, In Oman and the Middle East region.
MIPS offer conferences and trainings ranging from exploration & production, surface facilities, business and other related modules which is Delivered by industry renowned professionals with unprecedented knowledge of the sector.
Losing valuable skills without the ability to replace or develop them will have a significant impact on the bottom line.
Mentioned below are few of the courses we plan to offer in Oman & the Middle East region
• EPCIC Contracts Management – 3 days.
• Corrosion Management System – 3 days.
• Upstream Petroleum Economics, Risk & Fiscal Analysis – 3 days.
• Trouble Free Well Integrity Management – 5 days.
• Post Contract Management – 2 days.
Gas Processing Training
• Process Facilities Training
• Offshore Training
• Pipeline Training
• Process Safety Training
• Instrumentation, Controls and Electrical Training
• Mechanical Training
• Procurement / Supply Chain Management Training
• Refining Training
• Water and Corrosion
• Reliability Engineering Training
• Operations & Maintenance
• Health, Safety and Environment
• Petroleum Business Training
• Petroleum Professional Development
• Project Management Training
Write to us for more information on Training & Development
Manpower Services – JV with Brownfield
Brown Field was formed by bringing together a number of the industry's pre-eminent Recruitment experts, who found it increasingly difficult to provide the levels of service their clients deserved from within the constraints of larger publicly listed recruitment companies. By merging their vast, international experience the vision was to create a business built upon not just meeting expectations but consistently exceeding them, through dedication, passion and integrity. This is a business not focused on returns to a stock market, but a partnership dedicated to providing the best possible service to clients and candidates alike.
This business unit will focus strongly on placing specialist candidates in permanent or temporary positions within the oil & gas industry.
For clients facing the current problems of the global skills shortage, we can support their workforce by using our vast network in combination with our highly trained recruitment centre. This will deliver the best candidates available worldwide, in a fast and efficient manner.
For candidates we can offer many challenging job opportunities with a variety of customers in locations around the world.
Our current client base consists of national and international oil companies, operators, engineering companies and contractors for the oil & gas industry, both onshore and offshore
Brown Field is all set to make a substantial impact on the recruitment marketplace. Employing dedicated permanent and contracting recruitment consultants across major industries we are able to offer specialist services in the following areas
• Human Resources Outsourcing
• Executive Search & Placements.
• Staff Secondment Services
• Contract / Temporary Staff Services
• Onsite Consulting
• Compensation & Benefits Surveys.
• Handling Staff Disciplinary issues.
• Industrial Relations consulting